#CostaRica #EntryRequirements #covidtest ‘Costa Rica 🇨🇷 June 2nd Travel Update Entry Requirements, Vaccine 💉Covid Test Rental Car 🚗 Thinking about visiting, vacationing in Costa Rica? What are the entry requirements for Costa Rica? Do I need a covid test, a vaccine? Where do I get a Covid test if my country requires it upon my return? Where can I get a rental car, stress free in Costa Rica? Find the answers and much more in this video, ‘Costa Rica 🇨🇷 June 2nd Travel Update Entry Requirements, Vaccine 💉Covid Test Rental Car 🚗’
Requirements to Enter Costa Rica-
1. Electronic epidemilogical Health Pass form can be found here- https://salud.go.cr/ *Complete this form in the 48 hours before arriving in Costa Rica. You will have to buy your ‘Traveler Insurance’ first since the Health Pass asks for the policy number and such. This form produces a QR code that you will be asked to show upon arrival. **Be AWARE- Some airlines may ask for this at check-in.
2. Travel Insurance must meet these requirements and if you use an international policy you must present a letter stating: -Guaranteed coverage of medical expenses in the event of becoming ill with COVID-19 while in Costa Rica, for at least $50,000 USD. -Minimum coverage of $2,000 USD for lodging expenses issued as a result of the pandemic. -Validity of the policy throughout the planned stay in Costa Rica. **Costa Rica’s travel insurance policies tend to be on the pricier side, you can get cheaper, don’t use the CR insurance if you don’t have to.
👉Trawick International is an international policy that offers affordable prices that meet Costa Rica’s entry requirements. You can find them here- https://www.trawickinternational.com/ 👈
*Although I heard about these guys months ago, I have ZERO affiliation with them, so I can’t answer anything. Do your homework. If you want to make sure YOUR international policy meets Costa Rica’s requirements, go here and ask them- firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Proof (airline ticket OR BUS TICKET IN THIS CASE) that you are leaving Costa Rica within 90 days. NOTE: Tourist visas are typically good for 90 days but be sure your insurance policy matches the amount of days you want to stay in Costa Rica. *If you purchase a policy that only covers you for 10 days, you will not get stamped for 90 (they know this manipulation, don’t try it.)
A Guide toTesting at Costa Rica airports:
First, determine what type of test you need:
– Antigen tests are accepted by the U.S., are the cheapest and offer results within an hour.
– RT-PCR tests are accepted by all other countries that require a negative result. Canada is one example.
-Some countries don’t require a test at all. Mexico is one example. As long as you’re asymptomatic, you can still book a test in Costa Rica if you choose.
Then, book your appointment at https://covid.morphotr.com/.
-For an antigen test, book the appointment for at least 4 hours prior to scheduled departure. This is due to passengers not being allowed to check in until the negative result is delivered.
-For an RT-PCR, results are typically delivered the following day. For a premium price, the lab can guarantee results within three hours.
-At LIR, appointments are available from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. The SJO site is open at all hours.
Next, pay for the test online:
-Antigen tests are $65 with results guaranteed in an hour.
-RT-PCR tests are $99 with results delivered the next day between 11 a.m. and 11 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Results will take two days when the sample is taken on Sunday.
-Expedited RT-PCR tests are $240 with results delivered in three hours .
After paying, you will receive an email with the instructions about the Covid-19 test as well as the exact location of the Echandi laboratory at the airport:
-The testing space at SJO is located 600 meters northwest of the international flights terminal and includes a dedicated parking area. The lab provides a free shuttle to/from the site and the terminal.
-The testing space at LIR is on the west side of the terminal building near the edge of the parking lot.
Finally, arrive at the scheduled time for your test!
-Staff at the lab are bilingual (English and Spanish).
-If you opted for the rapid antigen test, you may have to wait in the lab until the result arrives.
-If you test negative, you can proceed into the terminal and check-in for your flight. If you test positive, you will receive an isolation order and should work with your insurance company to find appropriate housing.
GO TO TravelCostaRicaNOW.com and fill out the 4-minute form and you will be that much closer to the vacation of a lifetime. Travel Costa Rica NOW is like you having BEST friends who live in Costa Rica, who know Costa Rica, totally hooking up your Costa Rica vacation.