The NHS Race and Health Observatory has convened a panel of world class race and health experts to debate the health recommendations from the report from of the Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities (also known as the Sewell Report).
The recommendations in the report could have a lasting impact on ethnic inequalities in health and care. We have brought together expert speakers from across the system to talk about what should come next.
– Professor David Williams, Professor of Public Health, Harvard University
– Professor Sir Michael Marmot, Director, Institute of Health Equity, University College London
– Dr Chaand Nagpaul, Chair, British Medical Association
– Dr Jacqui Dyer, Director, Black Thrive Global
– Dr Vahe Nafilyan, Principal Statistical Methodologist, Office for National Statistics
– Patricia Miller, Chief Executive, Dorset County Hospital Foundation Trust
-Professor James Nazroo, Professor of Sociology, University of Manchester
– Habib Naqvi, Director, NHS Race and Health Observatory
– Session hosted by Yvonne Coghill, Special Advisor, NHS Race and Health Observatory
Follow us for more information about the Observatory: