Travelling to Santa Teresa on the Nicoya Peninsula, Costa Rica. I made a video with the various travel options and costs.
– North Coast Dominican Republic (Playa Encuentro) to Santo Domingo: 4.5 hours via Caribe Tours bus ($7)
– Flight (via Panama) to San Jose: 2.5 hours to Panama, 2 hour layover and 1.5 hours to San Jose via Copa Airlines ($269, plus $177 for a surfboard bag!)
– 1.5 hour taxi from San Jose to Puntarenas to get the ferry ($26.5)
– 70 minute ferry from Puntarenas to Paquera, Nicoya Peninsula ($1.5 or 800 Colones)
– 1.25 hour taxi from ferry landing at La Nicoya to Santa Teresa beach ($14)
Once you get to San Jose there are other options to get to Santa Teresa. You can get the bus which costs $12 but takes 6 hours, not including the wait for the bus or the cost of a taxi to the bus station from the airport.
Alternatively you can either fly, or take a taxi speedboat from Jaco. Although this would depend on the time that you arrive in San Jose as a lot of the taxi boats leave in the morning.
0:00 – San Jose Airport
1:58 – Copa Airlines to San Jose, Costa Rica
4:07 – Taxi to Puntarenas
5:09 – Puntarenas to Paquera Ferry
5:34 – Taxi to Santa Teresa
7:12 – Travel Options & Costs to Santa Teresa
8:04 – Santa Teresa beach